Thursday, February 7, 2008

Help for those who survived..

Hello guys,

I hope this wil find you all well. The topic im gonna bring up today is something we would rather not talk about.

For a long time now Im in a bit of a struggle with the blog. I feel we can honour our departed loved ones and we are doing that here! But what about the ones that survived?? I feel I want to help the very people who have made this blog as great as it is today. We are left with scars and wounds, and now im not talking bout the kind we can see, Im referring to the phychological scars and wounds we r trying to cope with on a daily basis.

Through this blog I've met many men who have been on the border. Many of them writing to me telling me about how hard this blog have hit them for the sole reason that they have been trying for so long to block out and forget about the stuff Im writing here.

I have been a sufferer of PTSD, thats Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I dont say I can help, but what im saying is this: Ive found that writing about its all made it better for
me. In a way that is why i have this blog. I've done some reasearch on the net and have chatted to other war veterans who are suffering from this, and from many of them I've heard the same. Writing HELP!!

So this is my plan, im going to open up the blog for anyone who want to share. I will stil go on with the blog in the way ive done so far, but I want anyone who feels that they need to write about any experience, to do it here. I know it is not easy for men to talk about these stuff face to face, but even if you dont post it here under comments, or you dont mail it to me to post it on here, WRITE!!! YOU dont have to add your name, as long as you write!!

I have found a forum, I will leave you the url. Maybe some of you would rather use that.

http://www.militaryimages.net/forums/search.php?searchid=77727

http://www.militaryimages.net/forums/links/misc.php?do=linktous

This is just may way of helping, if any of you have better ideas I would be very happy to hear from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem I have with the bush war and the so-called 'new' South Africa is the fact that not one (mostly) white soldier is even vaguely remembered, as are all the 'fallen' ANC or AZAPO cadres. Monuments to these freedom fighters - or, put more aptly, terrorists - have sprouted up all over, incl. Pretoria where millions were spent on what is essentially a monument to terrorism.

But what of the guys in the former SADF who perished in Angola and elsewhere? Why are their lives now seen as worthless? Indeed, why should they be forgotten by history because some ANC thug says so?

They were also God's children, no matter what the ANC says, and to deliberately ignore the honour that they deserve is certainly bordering on criminality.

The terrorists who took this decent country and turned it into the cesspool of corruption, rape and murder, which is essentially SA today, are honoured by this government but definitely not by me, or by any other decent, moderate South African who still no doubt will always remember the maintenance of law and order and of standards in this once beautiful land which those soldiers perished for.

But that's now all gone forever...

Anonymous said...

Ek en baie vriende nou in ons 40 en 50 jaar oud voel uitverkoop.Baie ouens sukkel al vir jare met die demone van daai tyd.Almal is reconciling dit en dat uit n linkse oogpunt.Is eintlik n grap Om te Sien watse range sekere political struggling kamptige heroes kry.Brigadier dit en
Generaal dat oor hy n petrol bom kon gooi!!
Ek Sou my doodskaam om na myself te verwys as generaal so en so oor ek n petrol bom kon gooi of iemand met n tire om Sy nek verbrand.Die opleiding wat generaal so en so ontvang het was so primitief en vergelyk met n swak veldskool.Die ander klomp struggle heroes is deur hulle eie mense in strafkampe gemartel in die naam van komunisme.Dit is die stupidste ideologie wat ek al teegekom het